As promised, we continue in the way to learn how to make sausage. Today there will be a list of the rest of the things you need to make for your own homemade sausage.
These are all things that are not necessarily to be found in a normal household, and before you can start to make homemade sausage yourself they have yet to be purchased.
Once you have learned how to make sausage and done it, you never want to eat any other sausage again.
Because the taste and the quality of homemade sausage are just wonderful. So it pays to make the investment to learn how to make sausage and the tools you need to do it. Especially since you can save a lot of money if you make your own homemade sausage.
For making homemade sausage you need the following special utensils:
- Sharpening steel or a special disk for the grinding machine to have always sharp knives because that is half the battle of making homemade sausage.
- Letter scale to measure the spices and salt exactly. Best it should be able to weigh as exact as 0,01 gram.
- Spice mill, it is needed to grind the spices very fresh yourself. This will give your homemade sausage even better spice and more flavor. If you learn how to make sausage you have another advantage: The health-promoting properties of the fresh spices are included in the sausage. Especially when the spices are freshly ground and have not been ground months ago and get bader and bader while standing on the shelves of grocery stores. If you feel the effort to grind your own spices is too great, you can alternatively buy ready-made spice blends for each sausage variety.
- Sausage casings and possibly intestines
- Sausage-filler to fill the sausage mass into the intestines and sausage casings or into jars.
- Smoker or smokehouse, I will soon post some instructions for building a smoking cabinet. If you want to learn how to make sausage it is also very important to acquire the skill of smoking. Sausage yarn to tightly close the homemade sausages at the ends.
- A Landjäger-press or alternatively two large boards (about 0.5 x 0.45 m or a second cutting board). Some wooden sticks 0,5 x 0,5 inch and as long as the boards to bring the Landjäger in their shape. 2-4 small screw clamps or weights to bring the Landjäger in their form. How this is done I will tell you in one of the following posts about how to make sausage.
- Filling tubes in different calibers to fill the sausage mass into different casings.
So that’s it, then, if you have acquired all these items, you are ready to make your own homemade sausage.
In the near future, I will explain how to proceed with the making of homemade sausage, so that you can make Bratwurst and all the other types of sausage. Until then, do it well, soon I will tell you the next steps of learning how to make sausage.
If you liked the post I am looking forward to a comment, or a recommendation in the well-known social networks 🙂