Making liver sausage is a special treat.
Here in this post, you can find out how to make sausage like this! It is very easy and can be done in your own kitchen at home. You only need a few tools and a little bit of time.
Allow me a few words about me. I’m a german sausagemaker. My English may not be perfect, but your homemade sausage will be it 😉
What do you need to make homemade liver sausage?
To make liver sausage you only need a few materials:
- A big cutting board, the bigger the better and faster you can work.
- A sharp kitchen knife
- An electric meat grinder or hand-operated
- A sausage filler or jars for cooking the homemade sausage
- Casings caliber 40mm.
- And of course good homemade sausage recipes. You will get one right now 😉
The production of homemade liver sausage is very easy. And with this manual how to make sausage even absolute beginners can master it. And now one of my favorite homemade sausage recipes for liver sausage:
Homemade sausage recipe for liver sausage:
Ingredients for 1 kg of liver sausage:
- 600 grams of liver
- 80 grams offal of pork
- 240 grams of pork belly
- 80 grams onion
- 19 grams of salt
- 1 gram marjoram
- 0,1 gram ground cloves
- 1 gram of ground black pepper
- 1 gram of ground mustard seeds
How to make sausage of the ingredients:
- Clean and skin the liver, (remove bile ducts!) This is very important because otherwise, the liver sausage later may taste bitter. If you are still untrained, let the butcher do it, because for him that’s easy. It is very important that the cleaning of the liver is done very carefully.
- Chop the onion roughly.
- Boil the offal, liver, and belly in hot water at 176 ° F for 8-10 minutes.
- Then cut the innards, liver and the pork belly into little pieces.
- Grind the meat, belly, and onions through the 3mm disc.
- Mix the meat with the spices thoroughly.
The last introductions about how to make sausage of this type
If you do not have a sausage filler or want to keep the homemade liver sausage for a long time, it is recommended to cook it in jars. Thus, the finished liver sausage is long durable without refrigeration. You can store it for up to 6 months and you always have a delicious homemade sausage if you get hungry. Especially for beginners, cooking the sausage in jars is recommended, because it can hardly go wrong.
Fill the finished sausage mass, but only up to 2 cm below the edge into the jars. Because the sausage meat expands during cooking and the jars can burst if they are filled to high.
Then just cook the jars at 212 ° F. 200-gram jars are boiled for 90 minutes, 400-gram jars for 120 minutes.If you want to fill the liver sausage in intestines, then stuff the sausage meat reasonably loosely in caliber 40 special casings or natural casings and bind them carefully.
The sausages are made about 15-20 cm long.
Brew the liver sausages in the intestine for about 45 minutes at 167° F, then cool them down quickly.
And that’s it! 🙂
Now you know how to make sausage of this type. In an easy way that works great.
More homemade sausage recipes and instructions can be found on my website, the following link will take you directly there:
If you liked this article, feel free to recommend it on social networks. Thank you 🙂