Are you looking for homemade sausage recipes for Bratwurst? Here you are exactly right.
I am the #1 German sausagemaker and I will gladly share my knowledge with you. My English may not be perfect, but your homemade sausages and Bratwurst will be it 😉
Making Bratwurst is one of the easiest exercises in making homemade sausage.
To proceed homemade sausage recipes for Bratwurst you can use any meat that you like.
Ideally, it should still be fresh butchered and still warm. If you can’t get such fresh meat don’t worry it works very well with older meat too. If you want to process a whole pig or a complete half of a pig, you should first cut hams, roasts, and schnitzel and collect all meat sections. These are ideal for making bratwurst because they are already cut small and can be minced very good.
Secondly, all the leftovers are ideally processed 😉 The following homemade sausage recipe is for a „classic Bratwurst“.
Homemade Bratwurst recipe:
1 Kg of meat. As said you can use any type of meat for Bratwurst, the fat percentage should be about 25-30%
Spices per 1 kg of Bratwurst sausage:
- 20 grams of salt
- 2.2 grams of pepper
- 0.8 grams allspice
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 10 grams of garlic finely chopped
The meat processing of homemade sausage recipes for Bratwurst
And that’s how easy it is to make your own Bratwurst sausage.
- Mince the meat or sections of meat together with the salt and the spices through the 12-14 mm disc, the fat through the 6 mm to 8 mm disc. The finer you mince the fat the less it will taste and the firmer the Bratwurst will be. The coarser everything is made, the more rustic the bratwurst becomes.
- Mix the sausage mass very well until it starts to bind a little bit.
- Fill the finished sausage mass with the sausage filler in intestines and turn off a Bratwurst every 20 cm.
- Remove air bubbles by piercing with a needle.
- If desired, smoke the sausages for one to three days with cold smoke.
If you want to use these homemade sausage recipes for Bratwurst in jars:
Cooked sausage in glasses is a nice thing. It can be stored for up to 6 months without cooling. if you get ready for good homemade sausage you only need to open a glass of Bratwurst and the feasting can begin 🙂
And this is how Bratwurst in jars is done:
Fill the sausage mass in screw jars. Fill the jars only 1.5 to 2 cm below the top edge. as seen in the picture below.
The more fat is in the sausage mass, the more it expands during the cooking. Wipe the edge clean and close the jars tight. Put the jars in boiling water and let them boil for 1.5 hours (for a jar with220 ml content).Then remove the glasses from the water and allow them to cool as soon as possible. The finished sausage is easily 6 months durable. Store in a cool and dark place.
Have fun with my homemade sausage recipes and when it’s done then have a good appetite!
Many other homemade sausage recipes and instructions about how to make sausage you will find on this website, enjoy browsing